Saturday 28 June 2008

Ok... One post a month, I promise.

Anyway, enough placations! These aren't new, they are old bits of course work but I felt like jamming them in there.

An explanation: (I always feel the need to justify these poems, I don't know why. Maybe it is because I spent so much time on them, maybe it is because my degree relies on them being at least tolerable, maybe it's because I want everyone to know just how clever I really am, deep down, who knows.) This is really one poem in three parts, as we can see from the handy-dandy numbering system I have employed, three parts signifying the progression of a lost love through a gentleman's life. Part one is quite obviously emotional and obsessive, very teenage. Part two is more adult and traditional, still a bit self pitying. Part three, however, is all very "Aaw, wasn't that sweet. So, what's for dinner?" about the whole thing.

Oh, and they also, they progress through style (1. Spencarian Sonnet 2. Romantic 3. Free verse).

There you go. There is in fact thought behind my work. Who'd have thunk it?

No comments: